Dodo Diary August 2015: Self-improvement challenge, Month #6
If you’re wondering why I’m dressed like Scarlett O’Hara this month, it’s because the months have Gone With the Wind and I can’t believe how quickly it all happened.
The trouble with saying, “Oh, well! Tomorrow is another day!” is that you can say the same tomorrow, and the next day, and the next…
And nothing ever gets better.
Dodo to Dynamite in a Year Progress Report
- Weight: Lose 40lbs. I’ve lost another 2lbs this month – not much, but at least it’s going in the right direction this month! Total weight loss so far 22lbs.
- Smoking: Quit. I have to admit it – I’ve sneaked quite a few cigarettes this month. One of the problems of quitting when you live with a smoker is that cigarettes are always available. However, I’m still smoking much less than I was, and I’ll try again next month. Money saved so far: £443.90.
- Self-Control: Beat addictions to sugar and caffeine. I’m still doing quite well on dealing with my sugar addiction, but haven’t started fighting the caffeine yet. I need to get my diet up and running again first.
- Hoarding: Clear whole house. Halfway through the year, and looking around, I’d say I’m around the halfway mark… until I remember all that stuff stacked in our enormous attic! I need to start working on some of that lot next, and with boot sale weather coming to an end soon, it won’t be easy.
- Relationships: Rebuild relationships with partner and family. Still not doing as well at this as I’d like, but work has had to come first this month.
- Success: Build Ebay business/increase income. I’m getting started on my new secret money-making plan (although it hasn’t made me any money yet!), done loads of boot sales for extra cash and worked really hard at listing extra stuff on Ebay.
- Writing: Refocus blog and add a new blog post every week. I’ve only managed two posts this month, and I’m even late with my Dodo Diary – but the good thing is that several people noticed! It’s given me a real boost to feel there are people out there reading my meandering scribbles and wanting to know how it’s going – so thank you all!
- Friends: Make 3 new friends. Back to Square One on this – I decided my writing club wasn’t for me.
Next month, I’ll remember that although tomorrow is another day, TODAY is another day, too – and I’ll make the most of it.
How do you find time to juggle all your most important priorities? Which aspects of your life would you most like to improve? Leave me a comment!