From Dodo to Dynamite in a Year: Springing into action
And this year, March the 1st will be the first day of my new life. Because I’ve set myself a huge self-improvement challenge.
I’m going to go From Dodo to Dynamite in a Year, and change my whole life.
And just so I can’t chicken out (or Dodo out), I’m going to keep a monthly diary on my Emily the Dodo blog and tell the world how it’s going. So – no pressure there!
Here are my targets for this year:
- Weight: I will lose 40lbs. That won’t get me to target, but it’s a massive change and achievable without risking my health.
- Smoking: I will quit smoking forever.
- Self-Control: I will beat my addictions to sugar and caffeine without cutting them out of my life completely.
- Hoarding: I will clear all the mess and unwanted items from our house – and that’s a LOT.
- Relationships: I will rebuild my relationships with my partner and family.
- Success: I will change my struggling Ebay business into enough income to live on.
- Writing: I will refocus my Emily the Dodo blog on self-improvement and add a new blog post every week.
- Friends: I will make 3 new friends. Which will bring my total number of friends up to… well… 3.
- and I will write a brilliant book about how I achieved it all!
It’s not going to be easy. But I believe by adding gradual changes to my life, I can achieve all these things in one year. And unlike my New Year Resolutions – which never make it past the end of January or the first bar of chocolate – I’m going to beat my targets this time by starting in Spring, my happiest time of year.
And after all, I wouldn’t be much of a self-improvement blogger if I couldn’t improve myself, would I?
So – wanna come with me?